Saturday, January 23, 2021

Episode 11: A Shoebox with a Head




My Co-host

 Comments are welcomed! Either comment here or go to our group on Ravelry.

Add yourself to our CogKNITive Listeners Map.

I have a YouTube channel "Doctor Gemma". Flash tips (1 minute or less) around surviving the pandemic and longer strategy discussions.

Buy Dr Gemma a Ko-Fi, if you're enjoying the podcast and feeling up to it. Remember that I am still working, though, so feel free to give the money to a charity instead.

There will NOT be a CFR (Cogknitive Fiber Retreat) this year.

I will NOT add you to any of my follower groups currently, due to robo-accounts. Please follow me here. You can contact me through our group on Ravelry or on this blog.

Warm Thanks Dept:

2y1xMom, AKASandra  and Jill (Coral W) for some delicious ko-fi!

What's On My Hooks and Needles:

Finished:

Calm Me Down Cowl in Malabrigo Washted “Fortaleza”, adding a skein of “lotus“ in Rios.



The Doocot sweater--Lisa Souza Polwarth-silk "Kaanapali": on the second sleeve! Yarn arrived! On the cuff!






In Progress:
Yule 2020 Socks in Poste Yarns (Simply Socks Co.) "Jollytown, TX": on the second sock, past the ribbing

Project Twinface: we have yarn approval!


Malabrigo Rios “Cereza”

About collecting yarn from more costly sources

Download: September Morn pattern by Baby Cocktails $7 on Ravelry


I’m currently wearing...

Socks!

My Three Favorite Resources:

Webs for supplies

Dizzy Blondes:  
No spinning action currently, but awaiting my latest Electric Eel Wheel

Strategy: 

Distract with ACCEPTS and IMPROVE this moment 
On to ACCEPTS: how to self-distract when distressed, skills overlap. A is for Activities that distract.

Eleanor has made the show notes!

Put a Lid On It:
 

Celebrating tea. In great mugs. Without sugar.

Aw Shoot!

30 minutes per day, but caffeine decreased

Something I Really Like:

Master Class app 

Blather:

Windstorm, no outage
Being on an episode of  Knitmore Girls and stress 
Stress episodes
My YouTube channel for extra help
Acorn TV code knitmore for a free month. $60/year or $6/month

Ko-fo donations: working at home

No comments: