Sunday, February 9, 2014
It's Mother Bear CAL/KAL time! Here is my latest bear to turn up--in Kenya this time.
Post pics of your finished bears here to compete for our prizes.
Mother Bear Project will be at Stitches West!! BOOTH 709 -no more than 3 bears per person! PLEASE REMEMBER to bring $3 per donated bear to help ship them to their new homes.
Deadline is APRIL 1, 2014!
CFR 6 is coming! Oct 14, 2014!
More information here!
Celebrating our listeners who have joined the CogKnitive 25 – , 50 –, and 75 – Bear Clubs for MBP. You can see who they all are right here. Great work!
Have YOU completed 25, 50, or 75 bears for Mother Bear Project? Send me your snail and a link to your Ravelry projects page, and CogKnitive will send you a special wristband to celebrate with you.
Add yourself to our CogKNITive Listeners Map.
We have a website at http://www.cogknitive.com/. You can find older episodes there.
You can now subscribe to the BLOG on your Kindle or Kindle app.
I am gemmadw on Twitter and Pinterest, DoeWalking on geocaching.com, and DrGemma on Plurk.
Geocaching: www.geocaching.com. I am DoeWalking, if you would like to be geo-pals.
What's On My Hooks, Needles, and Spindles:
Not yet finished:
The OHM Shawl by Michelle Miller .
One Row Lace Scarf
The Fiery Arrow Socks!
No spinning, due to sinus issues.
Take it in small steps and enjoy the small successes.
Put a Lid On It:
My recipes live at my Pinterest account. I am gemmadw there; look at my board called I LOVE FOOD!
Chicken Soup Done Right
1 whole chicken, preferably organic. Include giblets
Herbs you like--tarragon, herbs de provence
1 onion and
1. Wash chicken and giblets; cover generously with water in crock pot. Add herbs to taste; cook overnight on HIGH.
2. Next morning: Remove bird and giblets. Place on platter to cool. Feed guts to dogs.
3. Turn off pot and allow broth to cool.
4. 1 hour later: Debone bird, discard bones where pets cannot get at them. Feed skin to dogs or cats.
5. Put meat and cooled broth into fridge.
6. Several hours later: When broth develops layer of grease on top, remove from fridge. Use slotted spoon to break off grease layer and remove from broth. Discard grease layer.
7. Strain broth through cheese cloth or fine strainer to remove bone bits, herbs, etc.
8. Chop veggies and return to crock pot with broth and chicken meat. Cook low for several hours or overnight.
9. Add greens, such as spinach or kale or beet greens or collard greens. About 30 minutes before eating add pasta or rice of choice. I prefer orzo.
10. Serve with grated parmesan cheese.
2014 Color Me Rad Run:
Pics just do not do justice to this event.
Something I Really Like:
PB2--get it here on Amazon. Substitutions: DRASTICALLY reduce calories from dairy: In smoothies and refrigerator jars: use almond milk and PB2.
It's Mother Bear CAL/KAL time again! Details above.
I'm better! I am starting Bear #40, seeing patients, getting ready for Stitches West, find me at Stitches and get hugged! I expect to be at the 2 Knit Lit Chicks event on Saturday!
Posted by Gemma at 10:39 AM