Tuesday, August 6, 2013

169: Against the Wind

yarma


Here is what I knitted all week while I enjoyed the Erickson Foundation Intermediate Hypnosis Intensive.

CFR V is now filled--but we are taking a waiting list.
 
More information here!

Celebrating our listeners who have joined the CogKnitive 25 – , 50 –, and 75 – Bear Clubs for MBP. You can see who they all are right here. Great work!

Have YOU completed 25, 50, or 75 bears for Mother Bear Project? Send me your snail and a link to your Ravelry projects page, and CogKnitive will send you a special wristband to celebrate with you.

Add yourself to our CogKNITive Listeners Map.

We have a website at http://www.cogknitive.com/. You can find older episodes there.

You can now subscribe to the BLOG on your Kindle or Kindle app.

I am gemmadw on  Twitter and Pinterest, and DrGemma on Plurk.


What's On My Hooks, Needles, and Spindles:

Not yet finished:
The OHM Shawl by Michelle Miller .
7 repeats of the C chart now done.

Whacky Socks
Stalled

One Row Lace Scarf...It goes like this:

yarma

K4 [YO, K2Tog, K2] to your preferred width. Go up 3 needle sizes from the standard size for your yarn weight, so I am using a US 5 for lace weight yarn. This has been posted on Ravelry by several different designers; one even tries to charge $3 for it!

yarma

How is this for lovely? From Tempe Yarn and Fiber

Bears for the Mother Bear Project--my 13 bears in 2013 project continues with Bears 30-32.

Dizzy Blondes: 

I am finishing the singles started from a cinnamon alpaca whose fleece I was selling at CFR2012, but not this week.

Perry, my Sidekick is with me and helped me spin the last singles from the  12 oz of the fiber dyed for the last CFR by Desert Vista Dyeworks

yarma

And then I spun up the 2 different bumps from Gnome Acres that my GSD Blankets mangled and mixed with dirt and straw. Here is the fuchsia:

yarma

I am still working with the multi-fiber batt from GnomeAcres.

Strategy:
Change happens. Use your mindfulness skills to cope with explosive change.

Put a Lid On It:
Canning: citrus slices in water make lovely mix-ins with yogurt when you travel. Bonus points: After the fruit is gone, drink the chilled water remaining in the jar. Fabulous!

Aw Shoot!
Archery in Phoenix, AZ:
Trailhead Archery--$15 for rental bow and entire day's shooting.
In Lancaster, CA: H&W Archery

Something I Really Like:
Camping in a hotel room with cool summer foods I made myself.

Blather:
Spending my working week in a trance at the Erickson Foundation Hypnosis Intensive in Phoenix.
Delhi Palace in Tempe, AZ. INCREDIBLE Indian Food!!



No comments: