Friday, August 2, 2013

168: Driving to Phoenix, AZ

yarma

Hello. I'm Baron. I probably weigh more than most of Gemma's audience...Please make the Collie stop picking on me!
Hello, I'm Blankets. I turned into a standard-sized German Shepherdess overnight. Please make the Collie stop picking on me!

CFR V is now filled--but we are taking a waiting list.
 
More information here!

Celebrating our listeners who have joined the CogKnitive 25 – , 50 –, and 75 – Bear Clubs for MBP. You can see who they all are right here. Great work!

Have YOU completed 25, 50, or 75 bears for Mother Bear Project? Send me your snail and a link to your Ravelry projects page, and CogKnitive will send you a special wristband to celebrate with you.

Add yourself to our CogKNITive Listeners Map.

We have a website at http://www.cogknitive.com/. You can find older episodes there.

You can now subscribe to the BLOG on your Kindle or Kindle app.

I am gemmadw on  Twitter and Pinterest, and DrGemma on Plurk.


What's On My Hooks, Needles, and Spindles:

Not yet finished:
The OHM Shawl by Michelle Miller . Bit me. Dammit!

yarma

Whacky Socks
I'm so confused....

One Row Lace Scarf...It goes like this:

K4 [YO, K2Tog, K2] to your preferred width. Go up 3 needle sizes from the standard size for your yarn weight, so I am using a US 5 for lace weight yarn.

Still in Progress:

Bears for the Mother Bear Project--my 13 bears in 2013 project continues with Bears 30-32.

Dizzy Blondes:

IT'S TOUR de FLEECE TIME!!!

I continue spinning the 12 oz of the fiber dyed for the last CFR by Desert Vista Dyeworks on my Sidekick, Perry:

And I am finishing the singles started from a cinnamon alpaca whose fleece I was selling at CFR2012:

No real developments in spinning since the last episode

Strategy:
Keep the larger perspective as you watch someone you love making mistakes. They really probably will figure it out and do the right thing, if you give them time.

Put a Lid On It:
Recipe: 1 cup homemade yogurt or Greek yogurt from store, handful of Uncle Sam cereal or your own granola of choice, 1 Tblspn of your homemade canned jam or fresh fruit in water. Faboo breakfast!

Aw Shoot!
Archery dating, JOAD to get the kiddies started with a bow. My bow of choice: 62 inch recurve with 20 pound draw weight. Anyone can do archery!

Something I Really Like:
Seeing the great spaces of the United States as a way to understand Americans.

Blather:

CFR news, as always. Enter the Peahen. Retirement, walking the dawgs, pattern designing and wheelwrighting as alternative fiber crafts.
Stitching in the Stacks and a general appreciation of Cooperative Press.
Swagger--a pattern by Twinset Jan.

Prizes, yeah we got those...

SYL5

All sorts....

IY1

No comments: