Wednesday, November 7, 2012

New Shawl In Progress

Today I started working on the Tehachapi Project Shawl, the shawl designed for the 2012 CogKnitive Fiber Retreat. It was created to take advantage of the yarn color way, CFR2012, dyed by Desert Vista Dyeworks. The shawl was by Michelle Miller, alias FickleKnitter.

I am only on the first color of the gradient--a clear purple with a minor undertone of indigo. Knitting this project feels heavenly: a shawl I commissioned in a color way I commissioned for the retreat I create each year...it just feels really special and amazing. And my retreat buddies are all knitting too!

I keep telling people who ask: My friend Michelle designed this for my fiber retreat. My friend Susan dyed it in my favorite colors. Isn't it gorgeous?

I love being part of the fiber community. My participation just keep creating friendships and new sources of joy.

No comments: