Friday, November 16, 2012

Episode 146 Show Notes at Last!

yarma

Yep, I finally got my chance to spin on a Babe wheel.

Celebrating our listeners who have joined the CogKnitive 25 – , 50 –, and 75 – Bear Clubs for MBP. You can see who they all are right here. Great work!

Have YOU completed 25, 50, or 75 bears for Mother Bear Project? Send me your snail and a link to your Ravelry projects page, and CogKnitive will send you a special wristband to celebrate with you.

Add yourself to our CogKNITive Listeners Map.

We have a website at http://www.cogknitive.com/. You can find older episodes there.

You can now subscribe to the BLOG on your Kindle or Kindle app.

What's On My Hook/Needles/Spindle:

Finished:

Traveling Woman is done!

yarma

Still in Progress:

My Hitchin' a Ride Shawl in crochet, not worked on this week.

13 Bears in 2012 bear feet for Mother Bear Project. Ten pairs of feet are done...

RKS Mom on Etsy

Dizzy Blondes:

I finished the Jacob wool as a 3-ply. Love it. It taught me to be comfy with my Jensen Minerva.

I am wildly spinning the singles from a cinnamon alpaca.

yarma

Fiber in BFL/Tussah from Red Fish Dye Works:

yarma

Strategy:
Hypersensitivity: Accept your place in the 16% with pride. You are who you are. Now you have to cope.

Understanding the bell curve.

Something I Really Like: Seasonal foods at drive-throughs. Yes, I confess: I am a sucker for peppermint syrup in any warm drink. But take time to enjoy also the little pleasures that accompany the changes of the seasons.

Put A  Lid On It: Time to start using those jars as hostess gifts in the holiday season! Also, keep the unsweetened white grape juice to stretch your juice to the amount needed for jelly. And food coloring is also a great thing to have around to make the jellies look the way the recipient expects. BTW, you can get juice from the fruit you defrost for jam. Use the juice for jelly! Twice the bargain. And get going on the fruit butters and the applesauce, apple pie filling, and apple butters.

Warm the unsweetened apple sauce and add it to cereal with almond milk, in place of cow's milk.

And try making some easy sorbets from your juices. Splends to sugar: slightly under one half to one.

The Perfect Scoop in ebook format.

Freeze fresh herbs in olive oil in ice cube trays. Perfect for frying later.

Blather: Torrance again! The Southern CA Handweavers' Guild Show never fails to please. It's like CFR, Part 2, as so many attendees go to this also.

Alpenglow Yarns sold me this gorgeous skein!

yarma

Baah! Yarns

No comments: