Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Episode 24--Holiday Episode--is Live


What's On My Hook/Needles: As I type this, even the Christmas stocking is finally finished! And that would be Mr. Charlie Crowe, our official CogKNITive musician, in the photo.

A Strategy: How to Apologize

Blather: Update on Life on the Island, including my new part-time gig on another yard


Something I Really Like: The music of Charlie Crowe,
which I use as our CogKNITive theme music. O Holy Night and Joy-Kinda Holiday-ish as performed by Mr. Crowe


Also, please donate $1 through PayPal to Nicole's Wheelchair--a contest until January 3rd!!! Details in this episode and in the shownotes here for Episode 23. Respond with an amount if you give more than $1. ALL responses with donations of at least $1 get a share in the raffle for some luscious yarny and knitterly/crocheterlike prizes!

11 comments:

Edith Frost said...

I sent five bucks...? I hope more people start commenting here, pronto!

Gemma said...

Thanks, Edith! But I think most people came here through knitting, and they have been sending contributions and posting them to the Ravelry users group for the Podcast. So far, there is about $120 in donations over there, so we are getting there! Your contribution is greatly appreciated! Can I assume that you want to be in the drawing?

Edith Frost said...

Sure, I'm "cowgal" over there if that's easier for your list-making. Merry Christmas Dr. G!

Gemma said...

Thanks, Cowgal!

jo said...

I'M SORRY...
(i don't know what for though)
*wink*

want some homemade fudge?

Gemma said...

Is that homemade fudge question a trick or something??? Has ANYONE EVER said "no" to that offer???

terrymhp said...

I sent $10. Back story: I made the Humanity fingerless gloves for my mom for Christmas, from the free Ravelry pattern. The designer asked that a small charitable donation be made in lieu of payment to her. I've been pondering the right donee and Nicole wins - the idea of snow tires for a wheelchair is intrepid and must be rewarded.

P.S. I did a "Cogknitive" search in the Ravelry groups but didn't find it. Help?

Tessera (on Ravelry)

Edith Frost said...

It's over here...

Gemma said...

Thanks for the catch, EF! And for the donations, both of you!

Desi said...

I sent $2. Gee, willikers, I've really been "hooked" into your podcast, DG.

Gemma said...

Desi, are you on Ravelry? Can I include you in the raffle?