Monday, August 15, 2022

Episode 91: Sweet Normality












Comments are welcomed! Either comment here or go to our group on Ravelry.

I have a YouTube channel "Doctor Gemma". Flash tips (1 minute or less) around surviving the pandemic and longer strategy discussions.

Buy Dr Gemma a Ko-Fi, if you're enjoying the podcast and feeling up to it. Remember that I am still working, though, so feel free to give the money to a charity instead.

I will NOT add you to any of my follower groups currently, due to robo-accounts. Please follow me here. You can contact me through our group on Ravelry or on this blog.



Warm Thanks -

To DCALANEKNITS  and Singlemompower for their comments.

ALANE: great idea on steaming acrylic. Thanks!

SMP: thanks for posting FOs to the group! And your kitty!

Elise T—late-breaking! Thanks for the very generous ko-fi!

To you everyone who sent warm wishes for my husband’s recovery.

Covid:

Vaccinated in California?  Get your electronic COVID card šŸ˜·! thanks, Betty HS!

Get your kids their shots!

https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/

Free Covid tests- 4 per household: new round

https://www.covidtests.gov/

What's On My Hooks and Needles:

Finished:

Nope

In Progress:  



Don't Know Yet--a year in blocks-- onward!

19 x 19 blocks

September 4 will be 250 blocks day!
October 25 will be 300 blocks day!

Pennsylvania Dutch embroidery--not yet

Bright Cherries Brick—revamping

Midsummer Socks

Wrapped in Tiny Chains crocheted cardigan- back is done. Use measurements, not gauge


My Favorite Resources:

Dizzy Blondes: 

Still working on more merino from morrobayfleeceworks.com
3rd bobbin (sigh), but no progress

Strategy: 

Emotional Management Strategies: using what motivates you




Help Ukraine from President Obama
More ways to help from Lovecraft
                                                                                            
Fluffy Books:


Finishing School series by Gail Carriger

Something I Really Like: 

Camping food at home
iPhone memory stick

Put a Lid on It:



I have mastered my Instant Pot’s air fryer lid at last!

Air fryer jalapeƱo poppers by Key Lime, my mods:

4 slices bacon
4 oz (half brick) cream cheese, softened, cubed
1/3 cup grated cheddar (I used TJ’s cheddar with minced chive and onions)
Dash salt
Dash black pepper
5 jalapeƱos 

1. Air fry bacon, 400F, 10 minutes (turning at 5 mins)
2. Mix other ingredients except jalapeƱos in medium bowl.
3. While bacon cools, wash and slice jalapeƱos and scoop out seeds. I use gloves for this task.
4. Crumble cooked bacon into mix of cheeses, etc.
5. Mix stuff up thoroughly.
6. Clean bacon grease from air fryer. I save mine for cooking.
7. Stuff jalapeƱos with mix.
8. Cook as many as fit into air fryer at 350F. I cooked them in 2 batches, 8 minutes each. Cheese should be melts, jalapeƱos softened.

Uncooked:                                                Cooked:



Blather:

ASL:  classes begin August 22nd.
Pupdate--  Queenie and Captain and Blanks: 


Beloved Hubs is doing great!

Calendar:

Stitches So Cal: Nov 11-13, 2022
Grand Canyon: June 5-9, 2023
Sunnybank: August 17-21, 2023

And Minerva gets the last word: 

Everything is mine.



1 comment:

tinyshinythings said...

Hi Gemma you sounded really tired on this one and no wonder with all that has been happening to you and your family recently. I’m amazed (and glad) you still find the headspace to podcast at all! I’m also glad you have some freezer food to give you a bit of a break in the kitchen. Try to rest up if you possibly can. You don’t sound like a lady who rests much.
Pain is my thing, unfortunately, and tonight I’m distracting myself by trying to finish an old WIP. Pain can really zap your cognition and where I could rattle out an Arran no bother, now there are a lot of stitch markers and swearing even in the simple stuff. I’ve rejoined my knitting group for a bit if encouragement.
Anyway, glad I’m here listening and glad you’re there broadcasting. Hope you’ll soon have your batteries recharged.
Love
TST
X