Monday, December 28, 2015

217: Off to Training--Parts One and Two



I was off to Phoenix with a few detours to visit with a very old friend...

CFR 8 is coming! Oct. 8, 2016!
More information here!

KNIT 15 BEARS IN 2015!!! Post a group pic of the 15 bears you've made for Mother Bear Project in 2015 by Dec 31, 2015 on our thread to compete for prizes.

Add yourself to our CogKNITive Listeners Map.

We have a website at http://www.cogknitive.com/. You can find older episodes there.

You can now subscribe to the BLOG on your Kindle or Kindle app.

I am gemmadw on  Twitter and Pinterest, DoeWalking on geocaching.com, and DrGemma on Plurk and Instagram.

What's On My Hooks, Needles, and Spindles:

Finished:

BeeMiceElf's lovely braid in Targhee wool, colorway "Finale" on my new drop spindle, made by her father. Enjoying the slow art and publishing "a cop of the day". Here are all the finished bobbins of this exquisitely-dyed fiber




In Progress:

Much ripping back to improve my skills...!

Baa-ble Hat #2 Brown/green--just needs its bobble.
Meg Warren's clever doggie revision of the Baa-ble chart.

Continental Knit Scarf in my own checkerboard pattern.

Mei Mei Socks--one done, the other is waiting behind the shawls in progress.! It was with me on the road to Phoenix and did get some work, as I will tell you later...
Dizzy Blonde Studios
Blueberry Waffle Socks Pattern

The OHM Shawl by Michelle Miller. Coming along at last! I've learned to take lifelines more seriously than ever!

The Sweater Workshop by Jacqueline Fee
You Tube tutorial on making Pom Poms
Clover PomPom Maker--large

Dizzy Blondes: 
See above for the finished Finale fiber.

I am working away with my Russian spindle on a mixed-wool breeds braid that I bought at Yarnosphere and have been using to teach myself to spin with a supported spindle/tahkli bought from Trif's Turnings at WEFF....

Fleegle teaches how to use a Russian spindle on YouTube.

Tahkli from The Woolery



Strategy:
Make decisions based on love. All decisions come down to love or fear; choose love.

Put a Lid On It:
Winter kitchen: the annual turkey bonanza: roasted turkey, pickled redbeets--add a stick of cinnamon!--, pickled cherries, homemade jalapeno salsa with chips as appetizer, plus all the usuals, including mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce...
How to carve a Turkey properly--video
Afterwards: Shepherds Pie, turkey stock, turkey pho, turkey noodle soup....

Turkey "Pho"

fresh turkey stock
1 egg, scrambled in dish, raw
finely chopped veggies of choice
1 packet ramen-type noodles. (I like Tradeer Joes fresh rice noodles)
leftover turkey meat (salmon aso worked!)
grated cheese of choice

Boil turkey stock at high, rapid boil. Add egg; maintain boiling and 2 mins later add veggies. Keep stock boiling and add noodles, wait 2 mins, then add meat and cook 2 more minutes. Garnish with cheese.

Aw Shoot!
Races done: Santa Clarita 5K, Lake Balboa Turkey Trot--and I foolishly ran on a sore knee....the formula to fix running damage:
RICE: Rest Ice Compression Elevation
Back on the Fitbit/My Fitness Pal bandwagon

Something I Really Like:
Supported spindling: Russian spindle and tahkli work
Carding fibers

PLEASE don't kill me!

Blather:
Thanksgiving was a blast! I ran my Turkey Trot and went home and passed out...and awoke to a magnificent turkey feast that was ready on the table for me!

I look forward to issuing a TON of book reviews soon, now that I am getting my episodes uploaded at last!

Calendar:

The Calendar of Upcoming Events:

Feb. 18,  2016: Fiji once more!
Oct 8, 2016: CFR8! Mark your calendars!

A happy meme for finishing a race on an actual holiday...


No comments: