Laurel’s Kitchen Whole Grain Bread
1Tbsp brown sugar
3 cups water at 100-110F or about body temp
1 Tbsp salt
6 c whole wheat flour
1. When water is proper temp in mixing bowl, add sugar, stir.
2. Add yeast on top.
3. When yeast bubbles to top, add 3 c of flour and mix until not grainy.
4. Add salt and remaining flour. Mix, then knead until not sticky.
5. At this point, turn into floured board, if not already in mixing bowl for automatic kneading.
6. Knead until soft and springy.
7. Cover in bowl and place in warm, dry spot to rise until doubled in volume.
8. Butter loaf pans and divide dough between them.
9. Cover and allow to rise until above edge of pan. Preheat oven to 375F
10. Bake 40 minutes. Tap for hollowness sound.