4 cups peaches or apriums or nectarines or any combination of the above
1.5 cups sugar or Splenda
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 pouch INSTANT pectin. Get the right pectin!
1. Pit the fruit. Peeling not needed. In large bowl, mash fruit--I use a hand potato masher.
2. Add sugar and lemon juice. Stir to mix.
3. Let sit for 10 minutes.
4. Add pectin and stir continuously for 3 minutes.
5. Ladle into clean (not sterilized) jars or cups or plastic tubs left over from salsa or butter or whatever. Make sure the containers have lids.
6. Let sit for 30 minutes. Then put lids on.
7. Good in fridge for 3 weeks or on freezer for 1 year.
Pretty outrageously simple and quick, eh?