Sunday, March 9, 2014

186: Legolife!

image

LEGOLAND rocks!

The Mother Bear Project KAL/KAL is still on!
Post pics of your finished bears here to compete for our prizes.

Deadline is APRIL 1, 2014!

CFR 6 is coming! Oct 11. 2014!
 
More information here!

Celebrating our listeners who have joined the CogKnitive 25 – , 50 –, and 75 – Bear Clubs for MBP. You can see who they all are right here. Great work!

Have YOU completed 25, 50, or 75 bears for Mother Bear Project? Send me your snail and a link to your Ravelry projects page, and CogKnitive will send you a special wristband to celebrate with you.

Add yourself to our CogKNITive Listeners Map.

We have a website at http://www.cogknitive.com/. You can find older episodes there.

You can now subscribe to the BLOG on your Kindle or Kindle app.

I am gemmadw on  Twitter and Pinterest, DoeWalking on geocaching.com, and DrGemma on Plurk.
Geocaching: www.geocaching.com. I am DoeWalking, if you would like to be geo-pals.

What's On My Hooks, Needles, and Spindles:

Not yet finished:
The OHM Shawl by Michelle Miller .
One Row Lace Scarf
Stitches West 2014 Socks from the first yarn ever given to me by my son.


Finished:
Bear 40, 41, and 42 for Mother Bear!




Dizzy Blondes: 

No spinning, due to sinus issues.

Strategy:

Do not mistake a polite and firm stating of a boundary as rudeness. You are allowed to have personal boundaries.

Put a Lid On It:

 I have noticed that I need yogurt to be happy. I do not, however, need to add much honey to my yogurt cups to enjoy them. Also, for one gallon of milk, I now use 1.5 cups of starter to get a thicker yogurt. And do be sure that your starter is fresh enough.

More applesauce made and canned as well. Happy sigh.

Nutribullet recipe:
1 cup almond milk
1 medium banana
2 T PB2
1/2 cup yogurt (my homemade, if available)
frozen blueberries or other frozen fruit
about a handful of greens--spinach, kale, beet greens, collard greens

Aw Shoot!

Back to exercise routine after all the fun of Stitches and 2 trips to San Diego. My Fitbit has been located! Up to 1 hour on elliptical. Using Map My Walk app to track walking and Runtastic to track runs. Both feed into My Fitness Pal.

My next race is March 15th.

Something I Really Like:

My Nutribullet. It is really just a fast, thorough, easily cleaned blender.
My new Iphone 5c. The GPS feature has been a lifesaver.
Namaste's mesh bags
The Lego Movie!

image

Blather:
My son does a Lego presentation in San Diego. This was a great thing--the emphasis on teamwork was wonderful. And LEGOLAND was excellent!

image

I drank the potion and signed up for some Craftsy classes.

Rattlesnake Avoidance Clinic on March 23rd!

Summer Mindfulness Retreat in Camarillo, CA--looking at June. $50 to attend.
Game plan:
Limited to 10-15 people
Mindfulness lessons, meditation, self-hypnosis training by the ocean.
Road trips to local yarn shops.
Road trips to local high-end outlet malls.

It's Mother Bear CAL/KAL time again! Details above.

No comments: