Monday, March 20, 2023

Episode 122: Here in the Swamp




Comments are welcomed! Either comment here or go to our group on Ravelry.

I have a YouTube channel "Doctor Gemma". Flash tips (1 minute or less) around surviving the pandemic and longer strategy discussions.

Buy Dr Gemma a Ko-Fi, if you're enjoying the podcast and feeling up to it. Remember that I am still working, though, so feel free to give the money to a charity instead.

I will NOT add you to any of my follower groups currently, due to robo-accounts. Please follow me here. You can contact me through our group on Ravelry or on this blog.

Warm Thanks :
Our own Chrisaah is due soon! The 31st!
Amystorm--talks about using sign in primary school to slip around writing notes and tells how she used it with her pre verbal kids to encourage early communication. Thanks!

Covid:  

Vaccinated in California?  Get your electronic COVID card 😷!

Get your kids their shots!

https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/

4 free Covid tests.

What's On My Hooks and Needles:

Finished:

Nope.

In Progress:  

Stash toss 2023 (4 in versus 21 out) 

Vest-uary 2023: on to the front! Going up the right side.

Lanesplitter Skirt- I’ve turned the first corner and I’m on the straight-away--32 inches along!

Don't Know Yet--a year in blocks-- onward! Seaming experiment:

19 x 19 blocks! 
18(19) squares=361 squares. And extras



Arranged, photographed, and clipped. Rows 1-12 sewn together, ends woven. Row 13 is now clipped on to the body of the blanket and getting its long edge seamed.. Row 14 now has its short edges seamed. That’s 228 (63%] blocks out of 361 done!

Lady Eleanor Shawl-- The Next Big Thing. Progress in middle of skein 7/11. 32” long so far.

My Favorite Resources:


Webs for supplies


The Altered Stitch in Valley Village, LA

The Knitting Tree in Airport-land, LA



Latelier on Ventura


Birch and Cider for custom leather tags on Etsy

Dizzy Blondes: 

Still working on more merino from morrobayfleeceworks.com
3rd bobbin (sigh), but no progress
A fuzz ball of Minerva daily continues: 1 per day
Unboxing the new Nano—not yet

Strategy: 

Mindfulness Strategies: wabi sabi: nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect. Admire imperfections.



Help Ukraine from President Obama
More ways to help from Lovecraft
                                                                                            
Fluffy Books:


A Brazen Curiosity  by Lynne Messina—the Beatrice Hyde-Clare series 

Aw, Shoot!
Nope.


Something I Really Like: 

My chatelaine BELT CLIP from Sheldon Pewter on Etsy



Put a Lid on It: 
Tea tastings:  continue. 


Blather:


ASL:   Deaf culture class: onward!.
Pupdate--  Captain and Queenie and Blankets


Dog nose protector for discoid lupus
Hubsdate: doing great

Calendar:

Grand Canyon: June 5-9, 2023
Evolution of Psychotherapy Conference: Anaheim, Dec. 12-23, 2023



And Minerva gets the last word: make someone happy!







1 comment:

tinyshinythings said...

Hi Dr G so sorry neither you not Blankets is up to full steam. You said in your podcast ‘this is dreadful, I’m just moaning.’ Not at all. You’re sharing and helping me through my horrible housework. You feel like a friend if that doesn’t sound too pathetic on my part. I guess we have been together a while. At one time I went back to listen to your old episodes and I think you perhaps had removed the ones that spoke about your horrible experiences at the hands of the staff in the prison but I remember being shocked by them. So glad that’s all in the past and your a stronger woman for it. Much love and hoping you feel better very soon. Your old friend (70 this year), TST