Monday, March 6, 2023

Episode 120: And all shall be well




Comments are welcomed! Either comment here or go to our group on Ravelry.

I have a YouTube channel "Doctor Gemma". Flash tips (1 minute or less) around surviving the pandemic and longer strategy discussions.

Buy Dr Gemma a Ko-Fi, if you're enjoying the podcast and feeling up to it. Remember that I am still working, though, so feel free to give the money to a charity instead.

I will NOT add you to any of my follower groups currently, due to robo-accounts. Please follow me here. You can contact me through our group on Ravelry or on this blog.

Warm Thanks :

Tiny shiny things: I was not able to listen to the episode you shared with me, but I appreciate your mutual interest with me in concepts that are not expressed in English successfully
Kristendkeller: I am just going to send warm hugs. All things pass, but that doesn't make all things easy. Hang in there.
Knit One Pug Two: I don't know the "way with words" podcast but I have a feeling I should put it on my list. I love the history of weird phrases, for one thing. Also, thank you for being the person who reminds us that "bricking" in terms of technology means "the Iphone went dead."
OnePamela for the link to Oklahoma School for the Deaf's free ASL classes online:
NikkiKnits has gone berserk on making beautiful Romjul projects. Have a look on our thread, where you will also see...
Chrisaaah's delightful Alpenglow sweater! Congratulations to you both! Talk about colo(u)rwork...!

Covid:  

Vaccinated in California?  Get your electronic COVID card 😷!

Get your kids their shots!

https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/

4 free Covid tests.

What's On My Hooks and Needles:

Finished:

Dragonscale Mitts by Yarnivore UK


Random Mug Mats

In Progress:  

Stash toss 2023 (4 in versus 18 out) 

Vest-uary 2023: on to the front!


Lanesplitter Skirt- I’ve turned the first corner and I’m on the straight-away--32 inches along!

Don't Know Yet--a year in blocks-- onward! Seaming experiment:

19 x 19 blocks! 
18(19) squares=361 squares. And extras



















Arranged, photographed, and clipped. Rows 1-11 sewn together, ends woven. Row 12 still getting short seams done.  That’s 209 blocks out of 361 done!

Lady Eleanor Shawl-- The Next Big Thing. Progress in middle of skein 7/11. 32” long so far.

My Favorite Resources:


Webs for supplies


The Altered Stitch in Valley Village, LA

The Knitting Tree in Airport-land, LA



Latelier on Ventura


Birch and Cider for custom leather tags on Etsy

Dizzy Blondes: 

Still working on more merino from morrobayfleeceworks.com
3rd bobbin (sigh), but no progress
A fuzz ball of Minerva daily continues: 1 per day
Unboxing the new Nano—not yet

Strategy: 

Mindfulness Strategies: Oubaitori: Don't compare yourselves to others. Everyone blossoms in their own time and ways.




Help Ukraine from President Obama
More ways to help from Lovecraft
                                                                                            
Fluffy Books:


A Brazen Curiosity  by Lynne Messina—the Beatrice Hyde-Clare series 

Project Mincemeat on Netflix

Aw, Shoot!

Stretching and biking not this week. But sleeping flat and feeling good--yep!

Something I Really Like: 

Makanai--Cook for the Maiko on Netflix. it's about love without resentment and about commitment to purpose

Put a Lid on It:
Tea tastings:  continue. 

Blather:

ASL:   Deaf culture class: onward! Free classes online--50 basic words from Learn to Sign. Practicing.

Pupdate--  Captain and Queenie and Blankets

Dog nose protector for discoid lupus
Hubsdate: doing great

Calendar:

Disney area: March 8
Grand Canyon: June 5-9, 2023
Evolution of Psychotherapy Conference: Anaheim, Dec. 12-23, 2023



And Minerva gets the last word: all will be well:

Julian of Norwich (14th c. AD): "All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."





No comments: