Sunday, January 26, 2014

183: Not Again!

image

We had a fantastic MLK Holiday weekend at Sea World in San Diego!

CFR 6 is coming! Oct 14, 2014!
 
More information here!

Celebrating our listeners who have joined the CogKnitive 25 – , 50 –, and 75 – Bear Clubs for MBP. You can see who they all are right here. Great work!

Have YOU completed 25, 50, or 75 bears for Mother Bear Project? Send me your snail and a link to your Ravelry projects page, and CogKnitive will send you a special wristband to celebrate with you.

Add yourself to our CogKNITive Listeners Map.

We have a website at http://www.cogknitive.com/. You can find older episodes there.

You can now subscribe to the BLOG on your Kindle or Kindle app.

I am gemmadw on  Twitter and Pinterest, DoeWalking on geocaching.com, and DrGemma on Plurk.
Geocaching: www.geocaching.com. I am DoeWalking, if you would like to be geo-pals.

What's On My Hooks, Needles, and Spindles:

Not yet finished:
The OHM Shawl by Michelle Miller .
One Row Lace Scarf

Both are languishing as I give in to the sock craving.
 I am about 3/4 finished the Arrow socks:

arrow socks

Dizzy Blondes: 

Would that I might sit down quietly and do my plying marathon... I really DID finish the 24+ ounces of Shetland wool from RenCon Ranch.

Strategy:
Every now and then, you really do need to pay a little more for the thing you know you need. Waiting won't reduce some forms of need.

Put a Lid On It:
A quick plug for your dehydrator.

Recipe for surviving flu or infection:

Refrigerator jars for breakfast: The yogurt helps to keep your gut healthy against the onslaught of any antibiotics you may be taking

Smoothies for lunch: you need the fluids anyway, and the coolness is great for sore throats. Just leave out dairy as much as you can. I am using almond milk in place of dairy milk, but I still add a half cup of my own yogurt for fending off damage from anitbiotics

Stews for dinner: even more liquid, and this gives you a chance to use up your supplies from the freezer/

Aw Shoot!

I actually lost weight on our brief sojourn to San Diego. We walked 20,000 steps per day easily for 3 days, and I was careful about eating all weekend.
Things that helped: carrying our own fruit and small snacks, such as almonds and raisins.

Something I Really Like:
My neti pot.Get one at any decent health food store.

Blather:

It's Mother Bear CAL/KAL time again!

Of San Diego and its outcome. We also visited the San Diego Zoo:

image

image

1 comment:

Karen said...

Enjoy listening to your podcast very much - helps my work time fly by (I stock shelves at Target). Just wanted to mention that even Target sells neti pots! Guess they are becoming a common thing.

Give the dogs a pat from me!