Thursday, June 23, 2011

Episode 109 Notes

IMAG0274.jpg

Jeri Bear enjoys a quiet moment before shipping off to Minnesota.

The 2011 CogKnitive Fiber Retreat is open for sign-up if you attended last year. If you did not attend last year, the general sign-ups open July 1st. The Retreat is scheduled for October 1 (believe me, it will be here before you know it).

To sign up, first contact me through Ravelry saying that you want to attend. I will contact you as soon as I know I can give you a space. You then have 7 days from my contact to go to http://www.cogknitivepodcast.blogspot.com/ and pay by hitting the Paypal link at the upper right of the page.

First come, first serve,starting at 12:01 AM, July 1st.

Add yourself to our CogKNITive Listeners Map.

What's On My Hook/Needles/Spindle:
Finished:

Multnomah Shawl--

It still needs blocking, so no good pics yet. But it is very pretty and a bit sophisticated looking, perhaps because of the unusual colors. Made from my handspun, I am please to say.

Mother Bear Project Bears--number 6, number 7, and number 8. All of a sudden, I just got the bug to make these...

IMAG0273.jpg

While visiting the Knitmore Girls, I sent Bear #6 on a mission into Jasmin's fiber stash. We would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those meddling kids...

Still in Progress:

wristers: One done. I have not yet successfully started the second. Blast!.

IMAG0270.jpg


TwinFace's 2011 Holiday Afghan, themed after the Third Doctor of Classic Doctor Who. Yes, that center square in blue was designed to look like the windows on the outside of the Tardis. This one is about hald finished, so I need a bit of oomph! to get back to it as those rtows get longer and the weather gets hotter.

IMAG0268


Dizzy Blondes:

The wheels are silent this week, and Retzlaff Winery postponed their spinning event. But I got to hang out with the Knitmores anyway, so I had a GREAT TIME!

Strategy: About Passive-Aggressive People--Passive does not mean passive aggressive, and, sadly, vice-versa.

Something I Really Like: Yoga Tune-up balls. Get them here!

Blather:

We have a webiste at http://www.cogknitive.com/. You can find older episodes there. I am still busily uploading them, though. Please be patient.

I got a weekend at Knitmore Central! What a blast! I even got Yoga tune-up balls and a great class in Los Gatos. I also enjoyed the northern CA gloom (I really did!) and the excellent company. I came home richer by some fantastic recipes, a glorious cookbook, and some tasty pickled goodies. Meanwhile, I search for jobs, work on prepping and freezing fruit until I decide what to do wirh it, and train Blankets.

1 comment:

steptrig said...

OH!!!OH!!! a hypnosis CD for stopping biting nails! oh please, oh please... and perhaps I need one on relaxation...

BioBetty/Stephanie