Monday, June 6, 2011

Corrected 107 Notes

IMAG0259.jpg


Yep. I asked for some time to can on Mothers Day. That's strawberry-kiwi freezer jam and cherum freezer jam in all the plastic containers. About as easy as a jam will ever get to make. And forget the fancy containers. I froze the cherum jam in recycled cream cheese containers.


Add yourself to our CogKNITive Listeners Map.

What's On My Hook/Needles/Spindle:

The list:

Finished:

Office throw: Doesn't it look so demure and calm, folded neatly over the arm of the loveseat in my office? An easy, satisfying afghan, if ever there was one.


IMAG0265.jpg



Easy, easy, easy. I just LOVE this pattern. The Simple Scallops Shawl, in fingering weight, 100% merino Pele's Fire from FiberPhile yarn. Great pattern, superb yarn.

IMAG0266


Still in Progress:


wristers: I just need to sit down in a quiet place and devote a few happy hours to these.

Dizzy Blondes:


The wheels are silent this week, as I get my sinuses back into working order.

Strategy: About Passive-Aggressive People--Work on believing that people really are not specifically trying to hurt you.

Something I Really Like: Freezer pectin. 4 cups crushed fruit of any kind + 1 cup sugar + 1 pouch freezer pectin+ 30 minutes to sit on counter and gel = freezer jam. Wonderful stuff!

Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving: 400 Delicious and Creative Recipes for Today

Okay, other podcasters are talking about knitting plus: gardening, homesteading, sewing, quilting, spinning....I guess I am that one who goes on about home preservation of foods. I'll try not to make you crazy.

Blather:

We are very quiet here this week. Not yet back to running, not yet back to work, canning and freezing away. And the Amish Friendship Loaves that became a sort of curse...

1 comment:

Donna said...

Hi Dr. Gemma,
Another great podcast that I just finished. I was interested in the Amish Friendship Bread but couldn't find the link. Could you add it please. I tried googling but came up with a bazillion links.
Thanks
Donna