Friday, May 19, 2023

Episode 130: Bombshells



Comments are welcomed! Either comment here or go to our group on Ravelry.

I have a YouTube channel "Doctor Gemma". Flash tips (1 minute or less) around surviving the pandemic and longer strategy discussions.

Buy Dr Gemma a Ko-Fi, if you're enjoying the podcast and feeling up to it. Remember that I am still working, though, so feel free to give the money to a charity instead.

I will NOT add you to any of my follower groups currently, due to robo-accounts. Please follow me here. You can contact me through our group on Ravelry or on this blog.

Warm Thanks :
Chrisaah: Seems to enjoy sewing, Seinfeld, and plagiarism. Well, at least the first two. She wants us to know that there is actually an account out there on Twitter that speculates what contemporary plots for the Seinfeld show would be if it continued.
Salpal: I have never really had to line my flannel skirts because they just don’t stick to my legs or my leggings. But it is a great idea and not terribly hard to do. I am looking at quilting cotton for some easy summer skirts. Let me tell you, it’s on sale!


Cogknitive FiberRetreat 2023: it’s on for Saturday, November 11, 2023
Attendees so far:
1. Me!
2. Lex
3.StephieJo
4. Kai H.
5. Andrea 9772
6. Jenna I
7. Mary P.
8. Carrmal 
9. Potchke
10. Maridee
11. Ariane G.
12. Gigi
13. Jasmin
14. DangerMouse
15. Peachy
16. Smidjin 
17. Tiamoe 
18. Redsknits
19. Goodstuff 

Possible vendors:
Lisa Souza Yarns
OinkPigments
Tina’s Soaps
Lazersheep yarns

What's On My Hooks and Needles:

Finished:

Simplicity 8558: light blue shorts


Simplicity 8605: turtle and watermelon skirts:




In Progress:  
Stash toss 2023 (4 in versus 33 out) 





Blueberry Who Socks: and we are on to sock #2!



Lanesplitter Skirt- I’ve turned the first corner and I’m on the straight-away--32 inches along!

Don't Know Yet--a year in blocks-- onward! Seaming experiment:

19 x 19 blocks! 
18(19) squares=361 squares. And extras





Arranged, photographed, and clipped. Rows 1-17 sewn together, ends woven.  Row 17 is now clipped to the body of the blanket and getting its long edge seamed. Row 18 has  its short edges seamed. That’s 304 (84%] blocks out of 361 done!

Lady Eleanor Shawl-- The Next Big Thing. Progress in middle of skein 7/11. 32” long so far.

My Favorite Resources:


Webs for supplies


The Altered Stitch in Valley Village, LA

The Knitting Tree in Airport-land, LA



Latelier on Ventura


Birch and Cider for custom leather tags on Etsy

Razzberries Studios on Etsy for chatelaine supplies

Dizzy Blondes: 

Still working on more merino from morrobayfleeceworks.com
3rd bobbin (sigh), but no progress
A fuzz ball of Minerva daily continues: 1 per day
Unboxing the new Nano—not yet

Strategy: 

Mindfulness Strategies: look and listen—5 seconds that change it all


                                                                                            
Fluffy Books:

An Extravagant Duplicity by Lynne Messina—the Beatrice Hyde-Clare series  
Netflix: binging Seinfeld, Queen Charlotte


Something I Really Like:  Tanis Gray strikes again. Releasing on Sept 26.

Plus: I found it! And then I ordered a spare!





Put a Lid on It: 
Tea tastings:  continue. 


Blather:

XRX: shuttered. 

ASL:   Deaf culture class: we presented our art projects.

Pupdate--  Captain and Queenie: Captain on steroids, but nose healing, vet was on Monday

Hubsdate: doing great, but we’ve all got colds.

Calendar:

Cogknitive FiberRetreat 2023: Saturday, November 11, 2023

Evolution of Psychotherapy Conference: Anaheim, Dec. 12-17, 2023




And Minerva gets the last word: should I risk it?





























No comments: