Monday, April 3, 2023

Episode 124: Looking for Spring







Comments are welcomed! Either comment here or go to our group on Ravelry.

I have a YouTube channel "Doctor Gemma". Flash tips (1 minute or less) around surviving the pandemic and longer strategy discussions.

Buy Dr Gemma a Ko-Fi, if you're enjoying the podcast and feeling up to it. Remember that I am still working, though, so feel free to give the money to a charity instead.

I will NOT add you to any of my follower groups currently, due to robo-accounts. Please follow me here. You can contact me through our group on Ravelry or on this blog.

Warm Thanks :
SalPal--for loving on my Minerva! I actually was so angry in class the other night that I signed "He can eat my sh--t!"
Carmmal: Good to see you! I just ordered a tiny watch on a necklace. We shall see..
AmyStorm--suggests a little hidden Minerva block on the Don't Know Yet....hmmm...
KnittingHiker---warm hugs.
Turbogal--also thanks for the love on the Don't Know Yet!
BluehairedHiker--on the Appalachian Trail. Be well!

What's On My Hooks and Needles:

Finished:

Deaf Yarning - my art project for Deaf Culture class, using color to depict common events in the life of a Deaf student with a hearing family.




 

In Progress:  


Stash toss 2023 (4 in versus 27 out) 






Vest-uary 2023: on to the ribbing!.

Lanesplitter Skirt- I’ve turned the first corner and I’m on the straight-away--32 inches along!

Don't Know Yet--a year in blocks-- onward! Seaming experiment:

19 x 19 blocks! 
18(19) squares=361 squares. And extras



Arranged, photographed, and clipped. Rows 1-12 sewn together, ends woven. Row 14 is now sewn on to the body of the blanket . Row 15 is now clipped to the body of the blanket and getting its long edge seamed. Row 16 is now getting its short edges seamed. That’s 266 (74%] blocks out of 361 done!

Lady Eleanor Shawl-- The Next Big Thing. Progress in middle of skein 7/11. 32” long so far.

My Favorite Resources:


Webs for supplies


The Altered Stitch in Valley Village, LA

The Knitting Tree in Airport-land, LA



Latelier on Ventura


Birch and Cider for custom leather tags on Etsy

Dizzy Blondes: 

Still working on more merino from morrobayfleeceworks.com
3rd bobbin (sigh), but no progress
A fuzz ball of Minerva daily continues: 1 per day
Unboxing the new Nano—not yet

Strategy: 

Mindfulness Strategies: kintsugi: Golden repair--celebrating the flaws as having value and bringing freshness and change



Help Ukraine from President Obama
More ways to help from Lovecraft
                                                                                            
Fluffy Books:


A Brazen Curiosity  by Lynne Messina—the Beatrice Hyde-Clare series  

Something I Really Like: just so.




Put a Lid on It: 
Tea tastings:  continue. 





Pulled pork in the Instant Pot:

1 chopped onion
olive oil
1 pork shoulder
1 can diet coke
1 cup BBQ sauce

100 minutes in the IP on Manual

Blather:

ASL:   Deaf culture class: trying to attend events.
Pupdate--  Captain and Queenie 
Hubsdate: doing great

Calendar:

Grand Canyon: June 5-9, 2023
Evolution of Psychotherapy Conference: Anaheim, Dec. 12-17, 2023



And Minerva gets the last word:
Looking for Spring
















No comments: