Monday, June 27, 2022

Episode 84: Watching the Skies





Comments are welcomed! Either comment here or go to our group on Ravelry.

I have a YouTube channel "Doctor Gemma". Flash tips (1 minute or less) around surviving the pandemic and longer strategy discussions.

Buy Dr Gemma a Ko-Fi, if you're enjoying the podcast and feeling up to it. Remember that I am still working, though, so feel free to give the money to a charity instead.

I will NOT add you to any of my follower groups currently, due to robo-accounts. Please follow me here. You can contact me through our group on Ravelry or on this blog.

Warm Thanks -

MetroRebecca for a tasty Ko-fi!

Karenrs75 and onyourtrikesomerton… for all the comments!

Covid:

Vaccinated in California?  Get your electronic COVID card 😷! thanks, Betty HS!

Get your kids their shots!

LA County card also issued to Apple wallet and Google Pay, courtesy of Healthvana

NOTE: It updates automatically to include your 1st booster shot.

https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/

Free Covid tests- 4 per household: new round

https://www.covidtests.gov/

What's On My Hooks and Needles:

Finished:

Fishy Brick Sweater



In Progress:  

Don't Know Yet--a year in blocks-- onward!

19 x 19 blocks

July 19 is 200 blocks day!


Pennsylvania Dutch embroidery--not yet

Bright Cherries Brick—revamping 

Summer Solstice  Ribbed Hat



Mechita Country Cotton Shawl


 


Midsummer Socks



My Favorite Resources:

Dizzy Blondes: 

Still working on more merino from morrobayfleeceworks.com
3rd bobbin (sigh), but no progress

Strategy: 

Emotional Management Strategies: positive future orientation work for what you want




Help Ukraine from President Obama
More ways to help from Lovecraft
                                                                                            
Fluffy Books:

Introduction to American Deaf Culture by Thomas Holcomb. Ohlone College is in Fremont, CA

Enola Holmes series by Nancy Springer

Jane Austen at Home by Lucy Worsley 

Something I Really Like: 

Rebel (keto) ice cream


Put a Lid on It:

Nope.

Blather:

ASL:  classes begin August 22nd.
Pupdate--  Captain 


Yosemite Trip: looking for someone to throw hay

The solstice fast:




Queenie’s big road trip July 11-13- we are ON.




And Minerva gets the last word: 





































 









1 comment:

tinyshinythings said...

Hi Dr G thanks for another great episode. I was wondering, you don’t talk much about the climbing wall these days. Have you decided it’s not for you moving forward? I’m a soon to be 69 year old open sea swimmer and sometimes I find it very difficult to differentiate between what I know is right for me physically and peer pressure. Or just the need to be around people which sounds rather pathetic. That is something else I greatly admire about you. You don’t seem to need other people around you, apart from your family. I used to be a shop keeper and told myself I must be calm and generous with my mad old lady customers because maybe I was the only person they would speak to that day. The tables have turned in me now (almost) and I realise the great value of social interaction. And perhaps the even greater value of being happy with your own company. Is that a skill you could give us a few pointers towards. Much love. Sally x