Saturday, April 16, 2011

Episode 105 is Live!

IMAG0232

Yes, in one week, you too can crochet this lovely shawl! My first Simple Scallops--in worsted weight cashmere/acrylic. An excellent go-to for that stray 200 yards of worsted weight yarn to make a scarf/shawlette. The above full-sized version took 400 yards. And please enjoy commenting on my green butt in running tights. I know you're all thinking about what you really want to say...

Add yourself to our CogKNITive Listeners Map.

What's On My Hook/Needles/Spindle:
The list:

As you can see from the above, I whizzed through the Simple Scallops Shawl and absolutely fell in love with this easy, quick, gorgeous pattern to crochet. Three thumbs up!

I also finished my third set of Orchard Mitts. These are in my own bulky handspun plus a snippet of, yes, (GASP!) Fun Fur.

Still in Progress:

So, having flipped over the Simple Scallops pattern, I decided to blind myself permanently by using it to finish off some size 10 crochet thread I have lying around. Well, a gal's got to experiment...Here's what I am getting--and actually enjoying!

Office throw: So close! So agonizingly close!

Dragonsbreath Cowl: A variation on the braided cowl from the last Winter KnitSimple Mag. I am using some very uneven bulky handspun to hide the uneven-ness and get an amazing cowl. Finishing the last strip of the braid, I am relieved to tell you.

A Quick Buzz: On the decreases of the Argante Shawl and slowly falling in love with it.

Dizzy Blondes:

Still working away on Whippoorwill, my new HitchHiker and the Carolina Homespun 20/80 Silk Merino Sliver

On AEventid: a single of FreckleFaceFiber's Tehachapi Too in merino.

Strategy: About Passive-Aggressive People--Remember that you are not the only one who sees the problem.

Something I Really Like: Canning and preserving food.

IMAG0234.jpg

Look! My first pickles!

The Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving
The Joy of Pickling

Blather:

Happy Catholic: Glimpses of God in Everyday Life

The book is on stall while I get (literally) up and running again. Couch to 5K program. One last psychiatric evaluation. Still mailing MBP prizes! Some mild site clean-up on the Rav group.

My two best running buddies: Artemis and Blankets.

IMAG0231

6 comments:

steptrig said...

Yes Yes Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BioBetty ;)

yarnsalad said...

I have to say it Dr. G, your butt looks GREAT in that photo!

(I'm not creepy, really. I love your show!)

o_O said...

Must admit, I did have a giggle at the running tights :-D Love the show, love the shawl. Tell me, where can I get me a pair of those tights? (he he he!)

Heidi (Jellybean - Ravelry)

Amy said...

There are several couch to 5K apps. Which one do you use?

Gemma said...

I Only found one app on the itouch, so I use that one. It lets me play my own playlist while interrupting every do often to tell me to change my pace.

Anonymous said...

I was going to say something your your nice ass but decided that it was too cheeky! lol. . . Hope all is well with you. Cheers! Shar