Saturday, April 18, 2009

Episode 40 is Live!

IMG00418.jpg

Look! New Drop Spindles! MaineWoodsYarns on left and Yorkieslave's on the right. They're in a nest of fiber from YorkieSlave.

A new podcast! Knitlark Lane--another great podcast reading great literature to us!

What's On My Hook/Needles: Nearly done the knitted cowl, not much on anything else--I've gone monogamous. I'm spinning fiber from Dyeing for Colour on a lovely new spindle from Yorkie Slave. I'm also ripping my way through felted green fiber from who-knows-where on a spindle that really belongs to Lexicom from Maine Woods Yarns--a GREAT spindle. And still working at the fabulous Lisa Souza Batt "Elektra".
A Strategy: Anger 101--anger v. sadness and disappointment, and a bit about triggers.
Something I Really Like: Chocolate Shakes from McDonalds--and apologies up-front for singing again .
Blather: Some drama back on Level 2 and more about life on 4.

3 comments:

FuguesStateKnits said...

Speaking of triggers...anything with "slave" in it gives me the Creeps. big. time.
But it is a nice spindle, LOL:)I, too, have succumbed to some spin-curious behavior, but I haven't been able to get the thing to work. I think you actually have to stand up to get a drop spindle to work, LOL!
Still loving your podcast and am encouraged by the fact that you are NOT an LCSW-C or an LGSW or... you get the idea you're NOT a freaking SOCIAL WORKER!!!!!!!
(AHEM...speaking again of triggers!)
Have a good one!
Joan a/k/a FSK

FuguesStateKnits said...

PS my daughter is leaving social work school and going for her MS and then PhD (or PsyD??) in psych.
THANK GODDESS!!!!
OK, I'll stop now...

Candy said...

I enjoy the way you make difficult situations understandable. The anger triggers was something I could finally see in myself. I knew some of this but the way you explained it seemed to allow me to go a step further and employing the concept. As you say, hurt or frustration triggers my anger. The one I struggle the most with is ROAD RAGE. The trigger, I guess, are how inconsiderate people act while driving. I do much better with this when I'm not in a hurry. (wink) The podcast is one of my favorites and I try never to miss it. Thanks for all the hard work and for taking the time to chat with all of us about your life.