Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Episode 95 is Live!--but a Little Brain-Damaged

Squash blossom finished!

I spun up the lovely Squash Blossom colorway of Lisa Souza's SW Merino. Even with a concussion, it came out beautifully.

Add yourself to our CogKNITive Listeners Map!
Ask your questions for our 100th episode here.

CogKNITive Fiber Retreat OFFICIAL DATE: Saturday October 2, 2010! Go check out the main CFR 2010 thread on Ravelry for details. We are on the waitlist, which is at 6 names right now.

My warmest thanks to Susan of KnitAJourney Podcast for the delightful chat and interview, which you can find here. It was a blast for me, Susan--thanks for making me sound so coherent!

What's On My Hook/Needles/Spindle: The list:

The Daybreak Shawl--I am on the last section and trying to stay as monogamous on this as possible. Which is pretty challenging, considering that I am staring at this pile of gorgeous handspun I churned out in the Tour de Fleece... BTW, I stuck to the original 2 blues for colors. It's just a pretty blue shawl.

Ishbel Shawl --Okay, I lied. I haven't returned to it yet.
The Argante Shawl--Not this week.
The Traveling Woman Shawl--I crashed and started it in my gogeous Squash Blossom SW Merino! It's turning out wonderfully!

Dizzy Blondes:
I am mainly back to regualr spinning of singles. I finished the 8 ounces of Squash Blossom and double-plied it. Currently, I am whizzing through some Abstract Fibers BFL in colorway Mt Hood Rose. It wants to be laceweight. Hmmmm. Waiting for Zarzuela to finish custom-dyeing some Merino in the amazing Stormy dawn colorway.
Abstract Fiber
Zarzuela's Fibers
Lisa Souza Knits
Freckle Face Fibers

Strategy: Working on homesickness--concerning transitional objects and good ways to say "goodbye for just a while."

Something I Really Like:  The new Ipod app "SockCalc." Use it with a good gauge swatch to tailor-make your socks to fit!

Blather: Hey! Who knew that a concussion to lead to so many interesting adventures! Now if only it would go away...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that you've had to deal with this injury. Continue to be kind to yourself. I'm praying for that transfer.

Nelsonjane said...

Hi Dr. Gemma! I just recently found your podcasts & site. I wanted to let you know that from listening to one of your way back episodes #12 or @13 that I was inspired & encouraged today to get out and try to walk again after your "exercise talk" & "just keep swimming" mojo. I had been really bummed since last week when I couldn't make it any farther than two blocks and embarrassingly had to knock on a neighbors door for a ride home. Well, today I took with me one of those lil 3 legged tripod collapsable camping stools so I could stop and rest when my back & legs start screaming at me. Of course the muggy heat is still on over in this area, but I did make it two & half blocks farther this time. I'm back home in the air-con and ready to knit some more on my socks and listen to some more podcasts! Hope you concussion disappears easily & speedily!

Sincerely nelsonjane
http://nelsonjane.blogspot.com/

Jen said...

Just want to know that not half an hour after finishing this past episode my son had a run in with a ceiling fan (don't ask) and off we went to the emergency room to get a staple.